Hello, welcome to "Kindred Kreations"

This blog is about our life at home, and away from home... everyday happenings, and special occasions. We enjoy a variety of pastimes, but our main joy is making "Kindred Kreations". Thank you for joining us in our journey of growing together through faith, family, love for learning, projects, and more.



Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Thanksgiving layout #1

I know, I know, it's Christmas... I am just running a bit behind schedule, but as it goes with me I tend to work better under pressure:)
-I was able to get a couple of layouts completed (it was on my to-do list). Why is it that even though you keep them simple, they still take hours to create?
For my first one I did a two-page of the guys and girls. Throughout the day, the girls were mostly in the kitchen and the guys in the gargage (man cave) playing air hockey. I have to say it was so fun hearing the laughter and especially the girls talking about the good ole days!
I used DCWV Harvest stack (this years) The colors are a bit different especially with that blueish green in there. I kept it super simple and cut out different designs and pop-dotted them up for dimension. I took some time to create a triple mat for each photo and as for the details, well, I just added some half pearls. I even used a journaling tag that came with the stack and ran it thru my computer, the other journaling was also done on my computer and I cut it out with an Xlg circle punch. I did ink the edges a bit.
Again, I have to apologize for the photos. I cannot for the life of me get layouts just right.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: