Hello, welcome to "Kindred Kreations"

This blog is about our life at home, and away from home... everyday happenings, and special occasions. We enjoy a variety of pastimes, but our main joy is making "Kindred Kreations". Thank you for joining us in our journey of growing together through faith, family, love for learning, projects, and more.



Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Altered Frame #1

Happy Tuesday everyone. I am slowly recovering from Christmas weekend. As delightful as it is, I am usually a bit relieved when it comes to an end. Does anyone else feel that way?
I thought I would spend this week posting some projects I completed over the holidays. This first altered frame set was for my sister-in-law.
I kept all of my projects pretty simple this year. I started with some frames from the $1 store. Next,I used some neutral paper and trimmed it to fit inside the frame then embossed it with my Wall Decor Cuttlebug folder set and inked it with some Tim Holtz distressed inks. I used my large circle punch for the photos and my Home Accents Cartridge for the sentiments and cut them in brown vinyl. I simply hot-glued some PTI ribbon cut to length of the frames to attach them together, leaving enough at the top for a loop for hanging. That's it! It was far from perfect, but overall, I am happy with the outcome.






No comments: