Hello, welcome to "Kindred Kreations"

This blog is about our life at home, and away from home... everyday happenings, and special occasions. We enjoy a variety of pastimes, but our main joy is making "Kindred Kreations". Thank you for joining us in our journey of growing together through faith, family, love for learning, projects, and more.



Saturday, April 14, 2012

Baby Shower continued: Corsages

I just love the little extra details when hostessing a gathering. I decided corsages for the mommy to be, grandma, 2 great grandmas and the 2 big sisters would be fun project. I needed to keep it cost effective, so they were homemade (of course). I bought one bunch of light pink roses and one bunch of  carnations and a bit of filler.
It's amazing what a little floral wire and tape can do. I kept it simple, added some ribbon, beaded garland (from the wedding section at Joannes), plastic baby pins and little floral pins to some of the blooms.
I decided to personalize them by printing the sentiments on my computer and using a couple of scallop punches. I glued them to toothpicks and added them to the corsages.




My girlfriend pinning on her daughter's corsage


Making sure Mickie's gets pinned on too.

Pinning on one of the big sister's corsages


Have a wonderful Saturday!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Those corsages are beautiful. What a great idea!!
(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin