Hello, welcome to "Kindred Kreations"

This blog is about our life at home, and away from home... everyday happenings, and special occasions. We enjoy a variety of pastimes, but our main joy is making "Kindred Kreations". Thank you for joining us in our journey of growing together through faith, family, love for learning, projects, and more.



Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Another Baby Shower Project: Remember the clothespin game?

Good morning all,
I still have a few baby shower projects left to show you. I know when I am planning events I love to see what others have done for inspiration...
This one was my take on the ever popular clothes pin game (you know, the one where guests can "steal" your pin if you say the forbidden word...I always lose mine right away:)
I started with some clothespins and decided they needed to be embellished some how. I happened to be a my local scrapbooking store and found this yummy Graphic 45 paper. I used a square scallop punch for the images and inked around the edges a bit. Used a little mister to wet the squares, crumpled them up, smoothed them out and sprayed them with Glimmer Mist. After they dried I added tiny half pearls and a little pink bow. I was going for a bit of a vintage look.
I have several left over and not sure what to do with them, they're just too cute to get rid of.






This last photo is of an activity for the guests. Instead of a bunch of games, I had the guests create a quilt square for the new baby. I just set up a little table in the corner of the room and strung the fabric squares across using some jute and little clothespins. We provided fabric markers and fabric paints. My girlfriend and I are supposed to make the quilt before baby comes, we better get busy.



Thought this would be fun to share over at Sarah Hamer's Tuesday Link Up Party

Pink Cricut

4 comments:

Cely said...

way to dress up those clothespins! just threw a shower. wish i had this idea before then! awesome!

Formerly known as: Queen of Bling said...

I love the clothespins and the quilt squares is an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing.

Pink Cricut said...

Love the vintage clothespins--so beautiful, and what a great way to pretty up an old game! :) Also love the idea of the quilt!

Anonymous said...

http://www.ccfm.com/files/#mr how much xanax and alcohol to overdose - xanax quotes sayings