Hello, welcome to "Kindred Kreations"

This blog is about our life at home, and away from home... everyday happenings, and special occasions. We enjoy a variety of pastimes, but our main joy is making "Kindred Kreations". Thank you for joining us in our journey of growing together through faith, family, love for learning, projects, and more.



Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Printable Vinyl with the Imagine

I purchased some printable vinyl a while back and finally had a chance to use it. I just love working with vinyl with my Expression, but wasn't sure how the Imagine would work out. I really loved the thought of being able to print a pattern instead of my usual solid color vinyl projects. It was really easy to use and the project came out great. I did notice that the more intricate and smaller designs didn't cut as well, but overall, it was super fun. I decided to decorate a tin from Michaels to hold some birthday goodies for a scrapbooking friend of mine. 
I started with an image cut at 3.5 inched from the Imagine More Cards Cartridge using the layers feature. I was careful to smooth it out onto the surface. I decided to use some dimensionals to pop-up the "friend" image and the "butterfly" image. I didn't do too much embellishing, just a few little pearls and called it good.

No comments: