Hello, welcome to "Kindred Kreations"

This blog is about our life at home, and away from home... everyday happenings, and special occasions. We enjoy a variety of pastimes, but our main joy is making "Kindred Kreations". Thank you for joining us in our journey of growing together through faith, family, love for learning, projects, and more.



Monday, March 10, 2014

"The Luck of the Irish" Challenge at Exploring Cricut and More!

Good morning my crafty friends, how was your weekend? I hope spring is starting to appear where ever you may be!
Today is the start of a new challenge over at Exploring Cricut and More! 
Have you visited the blog lately? There have been some super fun changes! We can now use svg and cut files in addition to die cut images from not only our  Cricut machines (including the new Cricut Explore), but the Silhouette, Eclipse, etc.... How exciting is that!!

This week's Challenge: "The Luck of the Irish"  you are to create a card, layout, or papercraft celebrating St. Patrick's Day.  Must include a shamrock.

For my project I created a simple layout using the Create a Critter 2 Cartridge.
I chose the image on page 38 and used the Icon feature to cut my shamrocks at
 1.5", 2.0" and 2.5".  I then used the Phrase feature at 4.0" for  "Happy St. Patrick's Day".
I used a Cuttlebug folder and inked the edges.
The photo mats are adhered with foam tape for just a bit of dimension.

I normally like to do 2-page layouts, but since starting Project Life, I sometimes like to add in a special page for a a holiday or special celebration.






Thank you for stopping by today... please visit  The New Exploring Cricut and More!  and take a few to join is this fun challenge!!
I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!

7 comments:

Diane said...

Love your page! Hope things are settling down for you!!!

Michelle N. said...

Great layout, lovely paper and great images-you rock!

Sharon said...

Wonderful! Just wonderful!! I love all of the shamrocks. And love the bg paper. Great layout!!! :)

Liz O. said...

Lovely LO Donna! I love the cute shamrocks :) TFS
Have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

The shamrocks have cute faces on them!!!

Julie518 said...

Really cute layout! Love the embossing on those shamrocks :)

Annette said...

Pretty layout! The smiles on the shamrocks are a nice touch:)

Annette
My Mind's Dust Bunnies