Hello, welcome to "Kindred Kreations"

This blog is about our life at home, and away from home... everyday happenings, and special occasions. We enjoy a variety of pastimes, but our main joy is making "Kindred Kreations". Thank you for joining us in our journey of growing together through faith, family, love for learning, projects, and more.



Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pocket Page Challenge #2 "Make it Clear or Cut it Out"

Hello everyone, I hope this first day of spring finds you full of happiness!

My project for today is for Challenge #2 over at the  Pocket Page Challenge Blog.
This week we are to challenge ourselves to use cut outs of some sort and/or have a clear element to our design.
I am sharing week 4 of my Project Life. I incorporated the challenge elements in an insert page I created to celebrate and evening we had with our daughter and her new husband.

I used many different cuts for this insert page. The glasses, bottle and "happy couple" word art were from the Simply Charmed cartridge using my Expression. I also used several My Creative Time metal dies and sentiments. I couldn't resist the "mr. & mrs." wood veneer piece I found by chance at Michaels and then decided to add some other wood piece elements to tie it altogether.
My clear element was a little tough. I was all ready to use some transparency paper for die cutting and stamping and then realized it was all packed up (as are most of my other supplies). So I decided to use some StazOn ink and stamp directly onto the photo.





Here are a few pics of week 4 including the insert page.






Thank you for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Fabulous project life pages, love how you embellish your journaling cards!