Hello, welcome to "Kindred Kreations"

This blog is about our life at home, and away from home... everyday happenings, and special occasions. We enjoy a variety of pastimes, but our main joy is making "Kindred Kreations". Thank you for joining us in our journey of growing together through faith, family, love for learning, projects, and more.



Tuesday, June 04, 2013

"Plant One on Me" Layout for PKS: 13-22 Sketch Challenge

Good morning everyone. I am so thankful that summer is just about here, school is finished (with the exception of the end of year organizing) and that means the schedule is not too crazy.

Today's project is for Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. The challenge was to create a card or layout using the sketch.






I started by looking through my Peachy Keen stamps and found some little gems that I thought would be perfect! I used the flowers, watering can and butterflies from the April Stamp Set of the Month set, and the basket is from the May Stamp of the Month set. (in the May kit, it is a baby carriage but I needed a basket for my flowers)

First off I reversed the sketch, that way the watering can would fit my vision. I made some long banners for the bottom portion using PTI cardstock and inked the edges and adhered them to the page. Next I used a Nestabilities Deckled Edge Rectangle to cover the banner edges and as a base to build my focal point. The basket image was stamped on kraft cardstock which I then cut out and inked the edges.
I started stamping the flower images on various shades of green paper and patterned paper from DCWV Botanical Stack and began cutting paper piecing them together with adhesive and foam tape. I love taking the time to create layers with these stamps. I then stamped, cut and inked  the butterfly images and folded the wings up a bit for some dimension. The little pearls added a nice touch.The sentiment is also from the April Stamp of the Month Set.









Thank you for stopping by, and be sure to enter the challenge over at Peachy Keen Stamps Blog

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

WOW! Love the dimension in your butterflies and flowers!! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

Cindy Beland said...

WOW your layout is FANTASTIC,LOVE your BEAUTIFUL butterflies!!!SUPER job with the sketch challenge,
Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

sweetpeaemmalou said...

Beautiful layout!! Love how you've used the jewels as water droplets! Very creative!! Great job!! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamp Challenge.