Hello, welcome to "Kindred Kreations"

This blog is about our life at home, and away from home... everyday happenings, and special occasions. We enjoy a variety of pastimes, but our main joy is making "Kindred Kreations". Thank you for joining us in our journey of growing together through faith, family, love for learning, projects, and more.



Monday, May 20, 2013

Exploring Cricut's "Here Comes Summer" Challenge!

Hello my blogging friends,
Today's post is for the "Here Comes Summer" Challenge over at Exploring Cricut. If you are anything like me you are totally ready for summer! I have to admit, we are pretty spoiled here in California, but I welcome the extra warmth for sure.
Here are the details:
Create a card, papercraft or layout with a summer theme and use at least two Cricut cuts.

The DT has come up with some wonderful summer inspiration. So make sure you check out each of their projects and don't forget to enter the challenge yourself. They are alot of fun...I promise... and you have the chance of winning Top 3 and displaying a nifty badge on  your blog.



I used the Life's a Beach Cartridge for this project. I had so much fun creating this basket of goodies for a friend who had a trip to Hawaii planned.





I picked up most of the goodies including the plastic basket from the Dollar Store.
The Hawaii cut @ 4" including layers and the paper is from Cosmo Cricket. I inked the edges with distress ink and adhered the title to the basked using foam tape.

The letters "or bust" were cut at 1" using the font feature on the cartridge.

 
She went with her hubby and friends, so I made them each their own tumbler with their initials. I used some of my vinly scraps and cut
each letter at 4". The acrylic tumblers came from Walmart and were only a couple of bucks each. Aren't those paper straws too cute?
Here's another photo with a tag I made using some embellishments from the Cosmo Cricket collection (since their initials were the same!)
 


 Finally I added a tag. I just love the pineapple drink image. So tropical right?
I cut this @ 4" with all of the layers. I added some gems on the pineapple and Glossy Accents on the cherry, inked the edges and ran it through my Cuttlebug for a finishing touch.

(later my friend let  me know she used the Hawaii title and tags to help create her layouts!)



 

I hope this project inspires you to make something summery!
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to create a project for the challenge! Good luck.


6 comments:

Cely said...

woohoo hawaii! GREAT projects. love everything from the tags to the cups!

Busy Bee Vinyl Creations said...

This is a great idea. I love the cups. Thanks for sharing this with all of us.
From your fellow My Cricut Craft Room DT Member
Kathy U:)
http://kathy213-kathyscorner.blogspot.com/

Scrapping Girl said...

So completely cool! What a great idea. (I wish I had friends as creative as you!) I LOVE that she used some of it on her trip layouts, too!
Michelle

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness!! These are fantastic!!! I love the cuts. The basket is great and I love the tumblers. :)

Diane said...

Donna, those are all super creations! Might have to snag some of those ideas!

Emily said...

Donna,

Love all your goodies! The glossy accents on my project were created using the liquid glass made from Close to My Heart, but I'm sure any liquid glass would work.