Hello, welcome to "Kindred Kreations"

This blog is about our life at home, and away from home... everyday happenings, and special occasions. We enjoy a variety of pastimes, but our main joy is making "Kindred Kreations". Thank you for joining us in our journey of growing together through faith, family, love for learning, projects, and more.



Friday, May 17, 2013

Baby Shower Favors for Exploring Cricut's DT Post

Good Morning Everyone,

It's my turn once again to post a project over at Exploring Cricut. You must visit this wonderful blog that is dedicated to all things Cricut! I love visiting each day to see what the Design Team comes up with. I often see a cartridge I haven't used before or discover a new image. Lots of inspiration for sure.

Tis the season for showers... these next couple of projects were for a it's a girl baby shower with very UNtraditional colors and themes. It was a challenge for me as I am so traditional when it comes to baby girl showers...I love lots of pink and cream. I know I'm dating myself..

These favors were created using the Baby Shower Cartridge and Life's a Party Cartridge.
I started with these purple organza bags, wrapped some Hershey's Nuggets individually and cut the band and onsie image from the Baby Shower Cartridge at 1".
I stamped the little baby feet using My Creative Time's Anyday Bingo and Crossword Stamp set.
The larger onsie on the outside was cut at 3.5" from the Life's a Party Cartridge. There were other layers that came with that image, but I didn't use them. I also made little banners for the sentiment which is from Pink by Design's 9 Months Stamp Set. The diaper pin also came from the Baby Shower Cartridge. I also ran the onsie through my Cuttlebug for some added dimension.
The ink was from Memento, Paper from Recollections.
Even though the colors were a little bright, they were adorable.





Next came these little carriages also cut from the Baby Shower Cartridge using the fit to page feature.
I used the DCWV Little Girl Stack for the paper as it is really sturdy and used the multi cut feature. They are super simple to put together, I used Scotch Quick Dry Adhevsive. I added some little gems to bling them up a little, well, because the mom to be loves bling. I did Cuttlebug the layers and added some distress ink.


Finally, last but not least, the goblet for the Mommy to Be. I kept it simple by cutting the "Mommy to Be" image using the Baby Shower Cartridge and green vinyl cut at 4". It went on fairly easily. I added some wood shapes stamped with some baby images. Added tule and bling to finish it off.





 
Thanks for stopping by. Make something Crafty today!
 

6 comments:

Georgiana said...

Wow! All your baby party favors look great!

Busy Bee Vinyl Creations said...

Donna, these party favor are so nice. I love all the extras you did to make them so special.
Thank you for sharing.
your fellow DT member Kathy U:)

Scrapping Girl said...

These look amazing!!!!! Love all the embossing, stamping, ribbon, etc to bling them out!
Michelle

Sharon said...

These are fabulous!!! Love the colors and cuts!!! :)

Baby shower decorations said...

Those baby shower favors looks so fabulous and cute! Thanks for sharing

Gorgeous and glamorous baby shower for a boy said...

Today’s women wants to remain good looking and gorgeous even during pregnancy and post delivery phase of life. Let her enjoy the grand, gorgeous and glamorous baby shower for a boy, and be a part of the celebrative occasion.