Hello, welcome to "Kindred Kreations"

This blog is about our life at home, and away from home... everyday happenings, and special occasions. We enjoy a variety of pastimes, but our main joy is making "Kindred Kreations". Thank you for joining us in our journey of growing together through faith, family, love for learning, projects, and more.



Friday, November 11, 2011

Birthday Project #4 Banner

For today's birthday project I made a banner with the boy's names. I used my PTI Coasters again (loving these) and covered them with 4x4" square of paper, the corners cut with the Corner Chomper and I inked the edges. The next layer is a 4" scallop circle cut from the Mini Monograms cartridge adhered with pop-dots. The letters are cut from Nate's ABCs cartridge with the font 2 feature and font 2 shadow feature. The characters and checkered flags are cut from the Cars cartridge. I added some Glossy Accents, Stickles and Cuttlebugged whatever I could. I just used some twine to put it altogether.
This has been alot of fun to put this together for the boys. I figured I can deconstruct some of the decorations and use them in the scrapbook layouts!
I tried my best to photograph the banner, but for the life of me I can 't seem to do a good job. Any tips would be helpful.
The birthday party is Sunday and I'll post the last project then: Cupcake Wrappers!

3 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You have definitely made someone's birthday very very special... I can't wait to see all of it together...

Cely said...

this is so cool, donna! you've been on a banner kick and i'm loving all your projects!

Anonymous said...

I love all your party projects. Lucky kids.