Hello, welcome to "Kindred Kreations"

This blog is about our life at home, and away from home... everyday happenings, and special occasions. We enjoy a variety of pastimes, but our main joy is making "Kindred Kreations". Thank you for joining us in our journey of growing together through faith, family, love for learning, projects, and more.



Friday, July 12, 2013

Western Party Decor with Imagine Country Carnival Cartridge

Happy Friday my fellow crafters.
I bring to you today my projects for Exploring Cricut.
My dad celebrated his 70th birthday and and my sister and I hosted a little get together. He is a western fanatic to say the least, so the theme was easy!

Mason jars and decorated straws were first on the list of "to do"

Pint size mason jars
paper straws (I order mine from Cutetape.com
images:
Boot and Jar labels: Country Carnival Imagine Cartridge
Sentiments: Pink by Design

I simply print and cut the boot image and used a hole punch and added them to the straws.
For the labels I printed a page of coordinating paper from the cartridge and cut it in 1" strips. I cut the labels and added foam tape for dimension. I did add distress ink to all images.






Next up were the little treat sacks full of trail mix.

I continued to use the Country Carnival Cartridge for the patterned paper, but used the Old West Cartridge for the "happy trails" sentiment cut at 1.2" inches. I was really surprised how easy the Imagine cut that image so small.
 I made the "flags" using the patterned paper and another Pink by Design sentiment.


I also made a simple banner using the Country Carnival Cartridge. I used a label image for the banner itself cut at 6" and the letters were cut at 5". I wanted it to be more manly so I didn't use the layer feature.





I thought I would share a few pics of some of the other decor I used.



The bottles were another quick project too. I used printable vinyl and created some labels for the root beer.
 These cans of pork & beans were the party favors. I added some patterned paper and made a sentiment on my computer "it's bean a great 70 years". I thought it was pretty cheesy, just what I wanted!


Have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by. Don't forget to visit Exploring Cricut each day for some wonderful crafty inspiration. The design team has wonderful daily projects using all things Cricut!






3 comments:

Scrapping Girl said...

This is so fun! Love all the party decor and labels you made! (I wish had an excuse to throw a Western party-all your touches are so cute!)
:)
Michelle

Sharon said...

These are fabulous!!! What great party décor!! :)

Eileen Fields said...

So sweet! www.craftykards.blogspot.com