Hello, welcome to "Kindred Kreations"

This blog is about our life at home, and away from home... everyday happenings, and special occasions. We enjoy a variety of pastimes, but our main joy is making "Kindred Kreations". Thank you for joining us in our journey of growing together through faith, family, love for learning, projects, and more.



Friday, November 01, 2013

Pirate Party Invitation for Exploring Cricut!

 Hello and happy Friday.
I am excited to be posting for Exploring Cricut today. Have you checked out this week's projects over on the blog? The Design Team has come with some wonderful creations using their Cricut machines!

Seth and Cory have a birthday coming up and this year's theme is Pirates.
I thought I would start with posting the invitation I sent out.

All of the images were cut using the Life's a Party Cartridge.

I started with the the treasure chest image, using the card feature and cut it at 4.5" Only one layer with this so it was pretty easy. I found some Tim Holtz paper from Jo-Anns that looked perfect for a treasure chest.  I sized this to fit in an A7 sized envelope.
For the front of the invitation I stamped the "you're invited"  sentiment (from Pink by Design) on a  banner made with a PTI die and attached it using mini glue dots.
The little lock and key brads were from Hobby Lobby and added the perfect touch.

I chose the pirate party image using the phrase feature cut at 2.0" I need to slow the speed down and adjust the pressure for this intricate cut.

Next came the treasure map image cut at 4.25". I chose not to use any layers with this so I could run the image back through my printer for the party details. I did ink the edges for a distressed look.

I thought it needed one more image so I chose the skull and crossbones including the layers cut at 1.75 inches and ran the little red "bandana" layer through the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. I cut extra images so that I could embellish the envelope too.












There will be more pirate projects to come!
Thank you for stopping by today. Enjoy your weekend and I'll see you back on Monday for another terrific challenge at Exploring Cricut

3 comments:

Sharon said...

WOW!! This is fabulous Donna. I so love the lock and key. Most awesome invite!! :)

Scrapping Girl said...

Oh, absolutely TOO cute!!!!!!!!
Michelle S.

Liz O. said...

AMAZING!!! LOVE IT!! TFS Donna!
Have a wonderful day!
Liz